1. You are free to choose whether or not to engage in any activity on our Platforms that involves your submission of personal information, such as your name, email address, phone number or other information that can be used to identify or contact an individual, whether online or offline. We will ask you for such information expressly. Most of the activities on our Platforms do not require you to submit any personal information.
2. When we ask you to submit personal information, we will explain in the sign-up or collection process how we will use the information (such as requesting an email address when you sign up for a newsletter). We will use the information only as we have stated, other than in Special Circumstances which are described below (such as in relation to law enforcement or a business transfer).
3. We use the anonymous information that is automatically collected from your device, such as a computer’s Internet Protocol address, a mobile device identifier, operating system, or general location such as zip code, to support internal operations so that we can understand and monitor the usage of our Platforms and improve the performance of the Platforms.
ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13
4. Our collection of personal information on Platforms that are directed to children under 13 (“Children’s Platforms”) is intended to follow the principles of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), a U.S. law designed to protect the online privacy of children under the age of 13.
5. We will obtain parental consent before asking for personal information on our Children’s Platforms, unless the request for information falls within an exception that would be permitted under COPPA.
6. We do not make personal information collected from children publicly available nor do we enable children to make such information publicly available on our Platforms. We will not condition a child’s participation in any activity or service on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity.
7. Parents may contact us (at email@example.com) to review, update or delete any of their children’s personal information that we may have collected and to elect for us not to collect any additional personal information from their children.
INFORMATION WE REQUEST ON OUR CHILDREN’S PLATFORMS
As stated above, we will obtain parental consent before asking for personal information from children on our Children’s Platforms, unless the request for information falls within an exception that would be permitted under COPPA. We will explain how we will use the information and use it only for that purpose. Here are examples of personal information that we request on our Children’s Platforms:
Contact Us: Parents can provide their first name, last name and email address to contact us to give us feedback or ask questions. We use such information only to fulfill the parent’s request and do not store that information for any longer than reasonably necessary to send the relevant email.
Mailing List: We have asked parents to join our mailing list so that we can contact them with updates relating to our Site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We use anonymous information that is automatically collected to support the internal operations of the Platforms. Some of this information is collected through third-party analytics tools. Internal operations include the following:
to monitor metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic;
to understand which activities and services are most popular;
to understand the pages where visitors enter our Sites and the pages viewed;
to reduce the repetition in the promotional messages that users see on our Platforms;
to understand generally the location of our users (e.g., zip code information);
to recognize the browsers used to visit our Sites, so that the content is adapted for the relevant browser; and
to diagnose and fix technology problems.
We use third party advertisements on our website. Our advertising partners include Google Adsense. A “web beacon” is a one-pixel image (which may be visible or transparent), which may be embedded on a web page or e-mail message, and which may also provide us with information about usage of that page or e-mail message. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited.
This website also uses Google Adwords and Google Adwords Remarketing. Google Adwords and Adwords Remarketing might serve ads to you based on prior visits to our website through the usage of cookies placed on your browser. Google Adwords is a service that allows us to advertise our website through Google based on keywords. AdWords Remarketing is a Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting service provided by Google. It connects the activity of www.mothergooseclub.com with the Adwords advertising network.
You can opt out of the cookie tracking here.
We have asked all of our advertising networks to turn off all behaviorally targeted ads that would track a user or attempt to create a profile on any of our users. We have also alerted our advertising agencies that a portion of our audience is “under 13” and that they need to adhere to all COPPA rules and regulations. We do not run behaviorally targeted ads, but, if you want to learn more about websites that do, click here.
Law Enforcement and Safety. We may access, preserve and share your information when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: (i) respond to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) or otherwise to take action because we believe it is required or advisable under the law; (ii) detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; (iii) respond to your requests for customer service; or (iv) limit our legal liability or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ourselves, any user of our Platforms, a third party or the general public including as part of investigations.
Security Notice. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent you have given us your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to maintain the security of information but cannot guarantee that information security measures are fail-safe or guarantee that information on a Platform may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Our Platforms maintain technical and organizational steps to keep information collected secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers and use of electronic security systems and password protections to guard against unauthorized access.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our Platforms may link to other websites or apps, including content offered by third parties that we do not control and whose privacy and data collection practices may differ from ours (“Third Party Platforms”). We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Platforms, including the information or content contained within them.
Interactive Features for Parents: When parents use social media platforms and third-party plugins on our Sites, the third parties who provide those features may be able to collect and use information about the visitor and activity on our Sites, including notifying the visitor’s connections on the social media platform, in accordance with their own privacy policies. We recommend that visitors review these third-party privacy policies for more information about their information practices.
Involvement in your family’s online lives is one of the most important safety tools available. In addition, we encourage you to educate yourself and your child on privacy concerns. We recommend, as a starting point, the following guide published by the federal government, http://www.onguardonline.gov/articles/0031-kids-privacy.
SOCKEYE MEDIA LLC INFORMATION
Sockeye Media LLC
40 Rector St. 1050
New York, NY 10006
Effective date: July 1, 2013.